Follow us on:
By registering with Poseidon ABC and participating in any acivity organised by Poseidon ABC you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions of use as 'members':
As part of the Government’s strategy to manage the risk of the COVID19 virus re-emerging, a Test and Trace process has been introduced. By participating in a training session at Poseidon Amateur Boxing club you agree that the club can keep a record of your attendance and contact details so that in the event that anyone who attends the club contracts or comes into contact with someone who has contracted the virus, the national track and trace process will contact them and take appropriate action as per the government guidelines / instructions.
The record and data collected will be treated in accordance with the guidelines and GDPR regulations, including being stored securely and destroyed (shredded or deleted electronically), so the data is not obtainable 21 days after each respective session / attendance at the club (this covers the incubation period and to allow for the test and trace system to make the initial contact).
What each person should consider ahead of participating in a training session:
- COVID-19 is highly transmissible from person to person and easily spreads to those who come in close contact with infected individuals. The disease spreads through droplets from the nose or mouth when a person coughs, sneezes or exhales. These droplets can also land on surfaces or objects which other people can touch and then touch their eyes, nose or mouth.
- No club member should attend a boxing club or sports environment if unwell and should follow public health guidelines in regard to their own health and the risk to the local community.
It should also be factored in that anyone returning to sport and exercise after a period of social isolating and not exercising regularly may be at a greater risk of increased injury. Clubs and individuals should apply a gradual return in order to mitigate injury risk.
- Ahead of entering the club, you should check whether you are showing any signs and symptoms or have come into contact with someone who has, or is recovering from, the virus. Individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 need firstly to ensure they no longer pose a risk to the local community, and secondly to ensure they have sufficiently recovered to safely participate in physical activity.
If you have had COVID-19 and feel well then you can return to training 14 days after recovery and rest. If you get greater shortness of breath than normal, or chest pains, on your return to training, you should seek medical advice. If you have attended hospital with COVID-19, then you should seek medical advice before returning to training.
During the COVID19 pandemic, sessions will operate on a pay as you go basis. Places must be booked online via the club website http://poseidonabc.co.uk or by using the Glofox App. Each session will cost £5 and there is a limit of 12 places per session. A reserve list will be held if sessions are oversubscribed.
Due to the limited availability of places, no refund will be given for anyone cancelling their session within 2 hours of the session start time. Those that cancel prior to this time will be automatically given a class credit to use at any future eligible session.
General Gym Rules
Members agree to abide by Poseidon Amateur Boxing Club’s codes of conduct.
- The class timetable is subject to change at any time and that classes may be changed or removed from the timetable at the discretion of the gym management.
- Members should be suitably dressed whilst using the gym facilities and suitable footwear should be worn at all times.
- Instructions on the use of the gym facilities should be followed at all time.
- Members shall not participate in classes under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Members should take care when using gym equipment.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the gym or the outside perimeter.
- All members must consult the lead coach before participating in a class for the first time.
- If a member suffers from any medical complaints, medical advice should be sought before the member participates in the classes.
- If a member feels unwell during a class, they must stop exercising and contact a one of the boxing coaches.
- Chewing gum and food are not permitted in any classes.
- Photography may be used within the gym only by Poseidon coaches or committee members for the purposes of promotion and marketing material.
- I understand that Poseidon Amateur Boxing Club will open for a minimum of 46 weeks per year and therefore accept that it will be closed for up to 6 weeks of the year. I also accept that on occasions the gym may have to be closed at short notice and that the club will make all reasonable attempts to contact members to notify them of such short notice closures.
- Parents assume responsibility for the drop off and collection of their children before and after junior sessions. Due to COVID19 restrictions, parents will not be allowed into the gym, they are asked to collect their children outside the new exit which is the fire exit at the south side of the gym. They are required to collect their children promptly after the junior sessions finish.
The gym will not be liable for the loss of or damage to property of its members, including vehicles parked in the gym grounds and contents stored in gym.
The members must not partake in the classes unless they are in good physical condition and there is no medical or other reason why they are not capable of partaking in physical activity.
Members shall pay for any equipment damaged by the misuse or negligence of the member.
The management reserve the right to vary the opening hours at any time upon reasonable notice.
General Data Protection Regulation Notice
What this Notice covers:
In accordance with current changes to Data Protection Regulations Poseidon Amateur Boxing Club is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This Privacy Notice advises how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your business relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation. It applies to all current and former customers, suppliers and contractors.
Categories of personal data we process:
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information:
Key personnel contact details such as name, title, telephone numbers, email addresses
Bank account details
Sources of personal data:
We collect personal information directly from sign ups/purchases.
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
Where we need to perform a sales/purchase contract entered into with you.
Where we advise you of any special offers which you can opt out of if not required.
Where we need to comply with a legal obligations
Our purposes for processing your data:
Determining the terms on which we supply/purchase products and services to or from you
Checking you are a legitimate entity in the EU.
To prevent fraud
Who has access to your data?
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate reason in doing so. Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Security of your data:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we decide how long to retain your data:
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise these rights you must do so in writing to the Poseidon Amateur Boxing Club. If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Poseidon Amateur Boxing Club reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you consent to Poseidon Amateur Boxing Club continuing to use your personal data you do not need to respond. If you do not consent and wish us to remove your personal data from our system please send your request to [email protected]